A Skin is a set of appearance and presentation elements (colors, design, fonts, layouts, shapes, etc.) for a web site and in this case FANDOM wikis. Most skins are either automatically selected based on the browser user agent string or manually selected by the user (via some UI control or special URL). The three main skins in use by FANDOM are Community apps mobile skin, Mercury mobile skin, and Oasis desktop skin.
How does skin affect portability?
The skin and design affects the enhancement of portability because it allows users to have a topic-based experience along with reading and editing content.
How can I change my wiki's skin?
Usually, your skin will be using the same options of what you pick on the Theme Designer. However, coding can allow you to change the color, background, and information on your wiki.
- Differences between desktop and mobile
- Help:Layout - Current desktop skin help
- Monobook skin - Old, unsupported "monobook" desktop skin info
- Mercury - Codename for current mobile skin
- Oasis - Codename for desktop mobile skin
- Skin at Wikipedia