Tips and answers - for complete portability newbies as well as code-savvy perfectionists!
Your pages look perfect on your desktop - why does it matter if they break on phones?
Are your templates mobile-friendly? How does your main page look on smartphones?
Converting infoboxes, curating main page content, avoiding nested tables, and more!
Did you know that more than half of Wikia's users visit our pages via a mobile device? That's why it's so important that all of our content is portable, meaning it can adapt to any screen. This site is your central hub for information on how to make your wikia portable, updated by both Wikia staff and community members. Want to make your infoboxes mobile-friendly? Make sure your main page looks great on smartphones? Wondering what "portable" even means? You'll find answers here - and you can even request help for your wikia.
- Topic overview: Intro to portability
- How to check for "unportable" content
- Make your Wikia portable using a Portability Checklist
- Having a unique look: Themes and styling
- Have something to say? Discuss Bugs and Feedback
- Need help making your wikia portable? Request help!
- Glossary of terms used on this wiki
- Making infoboxes portable
- Styling your infoboxes
- Benefits of portable infoboxes
- Best practices
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Tips and tricks
- [Solved] Multiple string functions translated to LUA
Adding an Image to a data group
SamwiseFilmore posted a reply
- Caption weirdness
- [Suggestions] Nesting groups
PI (Portable Infobox) Suggestions
Dessamator posted a reply