Tips and answers - for complete portability newbies as well as code-savvy perfectionists!
Your pages look perfect on your desktop - why does it matter if they break on phones?
Are your templates mobile-friendly? How does your main page look on smartphones?
Converting infoboxes, curating main page content, avoiding nested tables, and more!
Content Portability Hub
Did you know that more than half of FANDOM's users visit our pages via a mobile device? That's why it's so important that all of our content is portable, meaning it can adapt to any screen. This site is your central hub for information on how to make your wiki portable, updated by both FANDOM staff and community members. Want to make your infoboxes mobile-friendly? Make sure your main page looks great on smartphones? Wondering what "portable" even means? You'll find answers here - and you can even request help for your wiki.
- Topic overview: Intro to portability
- How to check for "unportable" content
- Make your wiki portable using a Portability Checklist
- Having a unique look: Themes and styling
- Have something to say? Discuss Bugs and Feedback
- Need help making your wiki portable? Request help!
- Glossary of terms used on this wiki
- Making infoboxes portable
- Styling your infoboxes
- Benefits of portable infoboxes
- Best practices
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Tips and tricks
- FishTank • December 3, 2017