Portability is an aspect of functionality that centers around how "portable" something is.
What is portability?
In terms of wikis, something is portable if it works well when switching between desktop browser and mobile browser or app contexts. Currently, portability is focused around presentation of templates, especially infobox templates (via Portable Infoboxes), but will expand as more functionality is added to the FANDOM arsenal.
- Portability and multi-device support videos
What portability tools are available?
- Portable Infoboxes
- VisualEditor for inserting simple portable infoboxes.
- Infobox migration tool via "Generate draft markup" button on template page sidebar.
- Curated Main Page tool helps admins control main page presentation via Special:CuratedContent.
Tools enabled by request
- InfoboxBuilder, a Lua-based parser function, for generating portable infoboxes quickly.
- Not all wikis have Lua enabled. Most newer wikis do not.
Portability tool videos
- Glossary of terms used to discuss portability
- Intro to Portability
- Why should your content be portable?
- Portability Checklist